- Author: Sarah Cox
Sparkling Cranberry Lime Mocktail
Some of my friends and family don’t drink alcohol, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be able to enjoy a fun and festive beverage of their own. I always like to have a delicious mocktail on-hand to offer my guests, and this particular drink is perfect for the holiday season—it’s beautiful, delicious and sure to make your guests’ spirits merry and bright.
- Servings: 1
- 2, 10-ounce bags of frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 1, 12-ounce can of sparkling lime seltzer (1 can per drink)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Long cocktail spears for garnish
- 1CRANBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP – Thaw one bag of frozen cranberries and blend in a blender or food processor until chopped.
- 2In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of water, 1 cup of granulated sugar and chopped cranberries and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and strain the mixture using a cheesecloth or small container to remove cranberry chunks.
- 4Place remaining red simple syrup liquid in a covered jar and store in refrigerator. This should last for up to one week.
- 5SUGARED CRANBERRIES– Thaw 1/3 of second bag of frozen cranberries. Roll cranberries in small bowl of simple syrup and let dry for 1 hour.
- 6After that hour, roll cranberries in small bowl of granulated sugar. Set aside to dry. Once dry, put on cocktail spear.
- 7FOR ONE SPARKLING CRANBERRY LIME MOCKTAIL– Fill highball glass with ice and about ¼ cup frozen cranberries.
- 8Add 2 tablespoons of cranberry simple syrup.
- 9Fill glass with sparkling lime seltzer.
- 10Garnish with twist of lime and sugared cranberries.